9800DS Series Dual Seated Metal or Soft Seated Trunnion Ball Valves
2″ to 60″ ANSI 150-ANSI 2500 Two Piece and Three Piece ISO pad, Fullport Firesafe to API 607 4th edition, B16:34 rated, Ball Valve, with locking handle, Double Seated Ball valve first seat is Metal and the second seat is Viton
The seat material of general purpose ball valves employ generally non-metal material, such as PTFE. Limited by the seat material, the general purpose ball valve cannot be used in case of high temperature applications and applications with solid articles and ash dregs. So the application scope of general purpose ball valves is restricted partially. Taking this into consideration, we offer a full range of metal to metal seated ball valves, including floating ball valves and trunnion ball valves, which are found in extensive applications such as petroleum, chemistry, power, metallurgy and light industries.
Design Features of Trunnion Ball Valve
Metal to metal sealed design has been employed perfectly for the ball and seat, which has also adopted the advanced hardening technologies, such as ultrasonic spray coating, nickel base spray welding, surface specially hardening, satellite spray welding, ceramic material with high strength, and hardness, etc. Surface hardness of the ball and seat may generally reach more than HRC60, maximum up to HRC74, and application temperature of the material may be up to 1004°F, maximum up to 1796°F. Combining strength of the material gets to more than 1000 psi. Besides, the surface materials posses very good resistance properties of friction and impact. Metal to metal sealed ball valves are suitable for use in most critical working conditions.
High Temperature Working Conditions
In the case of high temperature working conditions, the valve seat and ball would easily get stuck due to heat expansion, and the valve could not be opened. Metal to metal sealed ball valves employ the patented design of belleville spring loading, which would absorb the heat expansion of parts caused by the belleville spring. So, it is ensured that the valve would not get stuck and could open and close easily in the case of high temperature conditions.
- Features and Benefits of Dual Seated / Metal Seated Valve:
- ASME/ANSI B16.10
- API 6FA
- NACE MR 0175 compliance
- Wall thickness complies with B16.34.
- J-Flow’s single seat ball valve has a flat spring set acting through a hard face bearing against the bottom ball shaft which provides sufficient initial ball-seat load for valve tightness, even at low psi.
- J-Flow’s design provides freedom for thermal expansion of the ball without jamming even at high temperatures.
- Tightness rate allowable leakage rate at full psi, ASME/FC170-2 Class V with special lapping, tighter shutoff available upon request.
- Typical applications can be found in the petro-chemical, oil refining, iron ore processing, filter skids, and sulfur removal.
- Designed to ASME/ANSI B16.5, B16.10, B16.34, B31.1, B31.4 and B31.8 standards.
- All metal seated trunnion valves come standard with grease fittings